BAD OBSTETRICAL HISTORY: NEED TO CONSULT
admin - on March 16, 2020
Conceiving or getting news of carrying a life inside you is news of immense pleasure. But if it is holding for long and your body expels it out? You may question yourself! Why you are not conceiving? Why is your womb not holding your baby? Your uterus may be diseased and not helping your pregnancy. The reason for this can be Endometriosis.
What is Endometriosis?
A disease condition in which the inner lining of the uterus called endometrium gets hypertrophied and come outside the uterus.
Symptoms of Endometriosis?
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea) Cramping of lower abdomen and pelvis you may experience lower back pain during menstruation.
- Painful intercourse. Pain during or after you become intimate happens in Endometriosis.
- Pain with motion or urination.
- More bleeding. Bleeding during menstruation or in-between two cycles of menstruation.
- Not conceiving or abortion.
How it get diagnosed?
Your doctor will ask for symptoms you are facing.
- Pelvic exam. Manually examining pelvis with finger to check pelvis abnormalities.
- Ultrasound. This test checks the inside of the organ for any abnormal growth.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – helps to find images of an organ
- Laparoscopy. Your doctor may advise you to a surgeon to perform a procedure that provides the surgeon to visualize your abdomen (laparoscopy).
How laparoscopy is performed for Endometriosis?
- A laparoscope is an endoscope that is a tubular, slender metallic, lighted telescope. These laparoscopes are sometimes highly equipped with hot and cold light, laparoscopy suction and irrigation pump. It allows your doctor to view inside your body cavity or organ. Diagnostic laparoscopy can diagnose if you are having condition or fibroids.
- Laparoscopy can be for treatment also. With miniature instruments. Your doctor may do many surgeries.
- Let’s have a look to the laparoscopic procedure,
- Laparoscopy is an indoor basis procedure. You have to get admitted for laparoscopy.
- Anaesthesia- is performed under general anaesthesia. So patients get back to their senses in 4-5 hours.
You have to be nill by mouth for at least 12 hours.
- After all procedure work. The surgeon makes tiny incisions and inflate the abdomen then insert laparoscope with the camera to visualize cavity. Many times these laparoscopes are equipped with laparoscopic suction irrigation pump to wash and clean areas to visualize. Normal saline is put inside with the help of irrigation pump and then with laparoscopic suction pump, it is taken out.
- During laparoscopic surgery, a mini instrument is inserted in another incision. To wash the bleeding during surgery laparoscopic suction irrigation pump is very useful to have a clear image on the monitor. Your surgeon, may cut, remove tissue (excision) or burn it with a laser beam or electrocautery.
When you are facing tremendous pain (unexplained) in lower abdomen and back. Consult you, a gynaecologist. It’s a matter of concern. Add wings to your womb and make it healthy. The laparoscopic test provides direct visualization of organs.